Ember Laura-Ellen Waving

Ember Laura-Ellen Waving
Waving to mommy and daddy at 13 weeks

Friday, December 10, 2010

Ember's Stocking

Dearest Ember,

You're stocking's been hung, over your urn, with only a pink rose inside. This rose is cloth, because Mommy can't stand to watch anymore of your flowers die. Daddy picked out this one for you and me, and hopes it is perfect. Your stocking's pure white and so big you could have fit into it! Nana found it for you just a few days ago. I'll fill it up, baby, another pretty pink everlasting flower for every Christmas I spend missing you. Christmas will always be pink for us, in memory of you. Hanging with your stocking, is a pink Santa hat, that Mommy couldn't resist buying for you. You would have looked so adorable wearing it for your very first Santa picture, and when I look at it, I can almost see you.

I don't know how we'll get through Christmas without you. Already your first Halloween and Thanksgiving have passed with us so heartbroken missing you. But Christmas is the big holiday... trees and lights and presents and playing Santa for our baby girl. You would have been so spoiled, little baby, and us so thrilled to do so. We'll still celebrate for you, I promise. Mommy loves you beyond words, little baby. Rest in peace, and know Mommy will hold you again as soon as she can.

2 comments:

  1. <3 Ember <3

    Dear Santa,
    Please spoil miss Ember, and miss Serenity this Christmas.

    Thank you.
    All my love,
    Cally <3 Serenity's Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that made me cry, in a nice way. I guess the only place they'd ever be spoiled more than in our arms is in heaven.

    ReplyDelete